Kelentse Moloko, an investigations officer at the Directorate of Corruption and Economic Crime, has had his forced retirement lifted by the High Court.
Moloko was placed in interdiction and forced retirement by the DCEC two years ago.
Reliable sources close to the case told The Sunday Standard that, after being put on retirement, Moloko felt he had been unfairly treated and approached the Lobatse High Court. Subsequently, the Court, ruling in his farvour, said that the forced retirement was unfair as it came at a time when investigations to clear his name in an alleged fraud case were still ongoing.
“The court probably felt that he had expectations that the investigations would prove that he had not committed any crime and that to then force him to retire at such a stage was unfair,” said the source, who preferred to remain anonymous.
Investigations on Moloko followed allegations by the Directorate that some money he held in his custody as exhibits in one corruption case they were handling had gone missing.
At that time, he was involved in the prosecution of a case in which two lawyers, Tiro Mothusi, based in Francistown, and Herbert Sikhakhane, based in Gaborone, were facing corruption charges.
This past Tuesday, Moloko was seen at the Gaborone Village Magistrate Court accompanying prosecutors in the same case.
Colleagues from his work place still maintain that he has not been reporting for work.
”Moloko is no longer working here”, said a lady receptionist at the Directorate. Whilst at the Court, Moloko refused to answer any questions regarding this case.
When pressed, all he said was that there had been some positive results in the case and that it was still far from over. “Something positive has happened so far but there are still some points to iron out,” he said without elaborating.
All attempts to get a comment from the Directorate were fruitless as the Deputy Director of the Directorate, Rose Tsiane, failed to respond to our calls made to her office.