If you as a student or parent, want your child to go to the top universities around the world, then AS Levels are the best route!
‘AS-level’ (short for ‘Advanced Subsidiary’ Level), are gold to our learners as they give them an edge over other students who only study BGCSE or IGCSE when it comes to applying for university. AS levels offer students a qualification that is internationally recognized and makes students transition smoothly to university. Employers, colleges and universities worldwide see AS Levels as one of the most respected and challenging international qualifications. Students who take AS levels explore subjects in detail while developing their creativity and critical-thinking skills. They also arm students with the maturity and commitment expected of lifelong learning and academic advancement anywhere in the world.
The AS Levels aim to develop learners’ knowledge, understanding and skills in:
- In-depth subject content
- Thinking logically and presenting ordered and coherent arguments
- Applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as familiar situations
- Handling and evaluating different types of information sources
- Independent thinking
- Making judgments, recommendations and decisions
- Presenting reasoned explanations, understanding implications and communicating them logically and clearly
- Working and communicating in English
What subjects can be studied?
AS levels offer a wide range of subjects that a student can choose from, and they are usually similar to those at GCSE level, and this allows students to carry on the subjects that they like from GCSE.
Gaborone International School AS Levels Subjects:
- English Language
- Business Studies
- Computer Science
- Information Technology