Friday, December 4, 2020

Bail finally granted to man accused of murder

Murder accused, Direlo Mojahi, 34, was granted bail after staying in prison for nine months from 13 December 2011.

Mojahi, the Health Education Assistant from Inalegolo, was arrested after being accused of murdering his girlfriend, Tumelo Masisi, near Inalegolo in December last year.

Mojahi first appeared at the Gaborone High Court before Judge Michael Mothobi on 23 August 2012 to plead for bail. He was later remanded in prison for another 2 weeks as his application was still being examined by the Directorate of Public Prosecutions. They were assessing his record to see if he was eligible for bail and not a risk.

The state was represented by Advocate Morebodi Jamba, who said the state did not oppose Mojahi‘s bail application.

Mojahi himself told the court that he would reside at Phuduhudu with his cousin during this bail term.

“You are to pay P100 bail; you should also attend court hearings when you are asked. Always communicate with the Kang Police or the Police inspector at Phuduhudu where you will reside, as you said you will like to reside there,” said the Judge Mothobi. “However you should not travel outside the country during your bail as this will violate the bail conditions. You should also submit all your travel documents to the Police and you should not commit any crime as this will lead to your bail being cancelled.”

Mothobi also advised Mojahi not to go to Inalegolo for his safety as the family of the deceased might cause him harm.

The accused is yet to appear at the Magistrate Court for a trial.

Kang Police said that the deceased appeared to have been strangled, with the suspect being arrested the next morning at the same place where the murder took place.

RELATED STORIES

Read this week's paper

COVID-19 Money Lessons to Share with Kids (II)

At stated in the last edition, discussing money issues with our kids can be stressful, especially during this period. However, the good news is,...