Sunday, November 29, 2020

Bontleng toddler confirmed murdered

Police have said that the little boy who went missing before his decomposing body was found in a disused car in Bontleng last week was murdered.

Urban Police Station in Gaborone is appealing to members of the public to assist them with information that may lead to the arrest of perpetrators who harmed the three-year-old to come forward.

Bontleng residents are now questioning the safety of children in the area if the suspected murderer cannot be apprehended before another victim gets killed.

Speaking to Sunday Standard, Detective Assistant Superintendent, Madziba Duna, said the post-mortem which was conducted last Friday revealed that the child was murdered and that they were now investigating a murder case.

They declined to reveal further details of the post mortem.

“We have not yet arrested any one in connection with the case but we have so far interviewed a number of people around Bontleng area,” said Duna.

Saying several police officers are working on the case, Duna stated that the mother of the child is receiving counselling.

“I am appealing to the members of the public to come forward with any information that will lead to the arrest of the perpetrators,” he said.

The area councillor, Olebogeng Kemelo, also appealed to the public at large to forward any information to the police.

RELATED STORIES

Read this week's paper

Sunday Standard November 29 – 5 December

Digital copy of Sunday Standard issue of November 29 - 5 December, 2020.