Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Key witness in murdered Fairgrounds CEO case murdered

The star witness in Fair Grounds CEO, Michael Montshiwa’s murder case died Friday morning at Bokamoso Hospital intensive care unit after he was allegedly assaulted by unknown assailants.


The key witness was hospitalized at Bokamoso intensive care unit after sustaining serious injuries during the brutal attack. At the time of going to press, police were still looking for his assailants.


The names of the key witness have been withheld. The deceased, a bank executive from Mosetse village in North East was last seen by friends on the evening of Friday 5 th at Airport junction shopping mall. He was later found in a pool of his blood the following day between Commerce Park and St Joseph College.


It is reported that the deceased was found unconscious by a passer-by. The police were called to the scene and he was rushed to the hospital.  


Due to the severe injuries that he sustained during the attack the deceased could not pull through and lost his life five days after.


Naledi police station commander superintendent King Tshebo confirmed the incident. He said they were investigating a case in which a 38 year old man was attacked near St Joseph College on Friday night.


 “He was rushed to the Bokamoso hospital where he received medical attention. Unfortunately he died this morning due to the injuries that he sustained during his attack. This is a very sensitive issue, the investigations are still at an infant stage,” said Tshebo. He told Sunday Standard that so far they have no leads; police are working around clock trying to piece together any information that might lead to the attackers.


“I appeal to members of the public to assist us with any information” he urged


Close friends of the deceased who opted for anonymity indicated that they were with him on Friday 5th at Airport Junction Shopping Mail in the evening.


“We were having a good time not knowing that we were seeing him for the last time. The deceased left us after he received a call and told us that he would be back in a short while.” They waited for him but he never showed up while his phone rang unanswered.


Read this week's paper