Saturday, December 3, 2022

Kweneng District rocked by incidents of ritual murder

The father of a six year old boy who was mysteriously found dead under a tree in the nearby bush in Dutlwe village in the Kweneng District strongly believes his son was murdered for ritual purposes.

Speaking to this publication Karabo Tshekedi said the reasons for his suspicions are borne b y the fact his son sustained visible injuries that were seen on his body.

He said there was also a deep wound on his forehead. 

However the post-mortem report has indicated that the cause of death is unknown. 

Tshekedi alleged that the deceased’s tongue was also missing and wonders who could have removed it.

“I am not happy with the conduct of the police as well as how they carried out the investigations because their professionalism and transparency has been wanting,” he said. 

Narrating the events that led to the death of his son, Tshekedi recalls that it was on the 22nd of December 2015 when his son was certified dead upon arrival at the hospital.

Tshekedi added that it was just around 8am when two close relatives took him without any permission to go and look for missing donkeys in the bush about seven kilometres from the village.

He said around 5pm the relatives came home without the child and when asked about his whereabouts they were reluctant to divulge any concrete information. 

Tshekedi said that a search party went into the forest to look for the missing child and he was found dead under a tree.

He said the police only came to the scene after seven days later and that made it difficult for the investigators to gather crucial evidence.

Tshekedi also wonders why the people who found the body of the deceased did not call the police immediately to the scene before they took the body to the hospital.

On Monday this week, the parents of the deceased together with police had a joint meeting to discuss the outcome of the post-mortem that was conducted on the 29th of last month.

“It is true that we met with the police to discuss the post-mortem report unfortunately the meeting did not go well as we disagreed with their findings,” said the deceased’s mother.

She indicated that both parties have scheduled another meeting sometime this week with the Divisional Commander South to see how both parties could map the way forward.

“As the mother of the child I am heartbroken and I want the police to investigate this case thoroughly because there are so many questions than answers,” she said. 

She said she want the murderers to face the wrath of the law. 

The report states that all organs were in a state of decomposition and that due to rupture of aneurysm with lung infection natural causes cannot be ruled out.

Contacted for comment Takatokwane police station commander superintendent Maraganyane declined to comment.

Recently some residents of Molepolole in Kweneng District rioted after five men were arraigned on the suspected ritual murder of former Molepolole Magistrate Court intern, Ms Nthabiseng Motlogelwa.


Read this week's paper