Bidvest Wits’ midfielder, Ofentse Nato, today (Sunday) returns to his Milpark-based club in order to prepare for their upcoming Telkom Knockout Challenge Cup First round clash against Kaizer Chiefs.
Despite his side’s loss to Chiefs in a league game recently, Nato is confident that his side will proceed to the quarterfinals this coming weekend. Wits welcome the cup specialists’ highly-anticipated clash scheduled for Bidvest Stadium in Johannesburg on Friday night (October 19). After the loss to Orlando Pirates in the final last year, expectations are high around the university campus going into this year’s competition, taking into consideration the caliber of players who have been signed.
It will be Wits’ second meeting with Chiefs this season, having lost 3-1 in the league clash, which was played at Mbombela Stadium in Nelspruit.
“I’ve no doubt that we’ll eliminate Chiefs if we continue working hard like in our recent games. The other advantage for us is that we’ll be playing at home (in a compact ground). Our loss to Chiefs (in the league) showed that we can compete with them, especially if we maintain the kind of performance we showed in the second half (of that match),” said Nato ahead of the Zebras’ 2013 African Nations Cup qualifier against Mali at Lobatse Stadium yesterday.
Nato added that playing against the likes of Chiefs has helped him improve his game ever since joining the Students from Gaborone United at the beginning of the season. He has played a pivotal role in the Students’ squad under the watchful eye of coach Antonio Habas.
“Playing in the PSL has been an eye opener for me and I’m enjoying every moment. It’s going to be tough playing against Chiefs, especially that they’re in top form but I want to believe that we’ll be ready for them,” he said.
Nato is expected to return to his Johannesburg-based club tomorrow morning after spending a week in the Zebras’ camp.